Gayle Cranfield - Author
|Posted on February 2, 2015 at 12:00 AM|
Today I have Elle Boon joining me on my Blog. Elle is a multi published author with Siren and is based in Missouri in the USA and is a MFM Menage Author.
Elles new release Kira's Warriors, which is the 4th book in the Ravens of War series is available on the Siren Publishing website now, but here is a bit about the book to tempt you before you buy.
Kira’s Warriors www.bookstrand.com/kiras-warriors
Kira lived the life of a pampered princess of a wealthy Japanese man who mourned the loss of his son, and missing wife. She’d been given everything a girl could want, but nobody was allowed close enough to love or hurt her. All that changed when her life was threatened and he hired the Ravens as her security.
Thane and Garrick never expected to find their Fated, let alone that she’d be touched by a god. The legend of the Kitsune was steeped in mystery, but they’d need all the help they could get to save their Fated from the god who possessed her brother. They’d need to travel into the deepest levels of hell, and fight the Shinigami to save her and her brother.
Kira realizes Thane and Garrick would give up their own lives to give her the family she’d never had. She would fight to hold onto the best things she could ever ask for, her warriors.
“Why are you two still following me? I told you to leave me alone.” Kira turned to face the two men who she’d been unable to shake no matter what she did. Even when she’d went into the restroom at LaGuardia, switched her clothes, pulled her hair up in a bun and covered her head with a stupid ball cap that said ‘I love NY’, they still fell in line behind her.
“Sweetheart, I hate to break it to you, but where you go we follow.” Garrick Theon flashed his pearly white teeth at her.
If Kira could, she’d gladly punch him in the mouth just to see if she could loosen a few of his perfect teeth. His lips tilted up in a grin she was beginning to hate and love in equal measures. Both men appealed to her, but that was truly a dangerous path to go down. The last man she’d thought she loved…Kira shut that train of thought off before the memories could resurface, bringing back the shame and heartache she’d worked so hard to bury.
“Hey now kitten, what put that look on your face?” Thantos Odysseus asked. His large hand curled into a fist, almost making her flinch as he raised it to her cheek, only to gently run it down in the softest caress.
Thane and G both looked at her, waiting on her to answer, and it took her a moment to figure out what it was that was asked. The look of hurt on Thane’s features made her want to reach out and apologize, but they were the ones who were invading her space.
“I just don’t understand why you insist on continuing to be my bodyguards, when clearly I can take care of myself,” Kira said, throwing her hands up in the air. She could see there was no changing their minds. However they didn’t know her, or her country as well as she did. Nor did they have two loyal Akitas. Her pets didn’t like anyone but her, she smiled imagining the look on their faces when they saw her four legged best friends.
“Thane? I don’t like the look in her eyes.” Garrick took a step closer to where she stood on the porch of her home.
Being back in Osore-Zan Japan where her mother was from, Kira felt a stronger connection to the woman. “There is nothing in my eyes except contempt for the both of you. Now, if you’ll both excuse me I’m going inside, alone. If you insist on guarding me, you can keep watch from out here.”
Kira turned on her heel to march inside, coming to a stop as Garrick, or G to his friends, materialized in her path. “You can lie to yourself, but not to Thane and I, Neko-Chan.”
“Did you just call me kitten in Japanese?” She held up her hand. “No, don’t answer that, just get out of my way.” She knew they treated her with kid gloves because she was so much smaller than them. At five-foot-three to their six-foot-six and six-foot-seven if she was to guess, okay if she was being honest she knew exactly how tall they were. Having studied them whenever they weren’t looking, Kira could give a detailed description of each man down to every visible scar.
“You can bitch all you want Kira, but it won’t change the fact that you aren’t stepping foot inside until Thane and I check it out.”
A sense of danger had the hair on the back of her neck standing on end. She took a step closer to Garrick, placing her hands on each of his biceps. “Do you feel that?”
Thane stepped up behind her. “What is it?”
A shiver stole up her spine. “Something is out there.” She didn’t turn to look out toward the towering trees in the distance, choosing to focus on G’s light blue eyes. He and Thane’s were almost identical and changed colors depending on their emotions.
“Is it secure?” Garrick asked Thane.
Kira wanted to protest his going over her head, literally and physically. The eerie feeling of being watched, marked for death by something evil wouldn’t go away. When she placed her hands on G, and then had Thane at her back the oily touch recoiled.
“I just scanned the interior and other than two beasts that are ready to bite our heads off, yes it’s secure.” Thane answered.
Garrick wrapped one arm around her, placing his body on the outside. “Do you want to let us in?” He indicated the handprint scanner by the door panel.
She wiped her sweaty palms on her ass, hearing Thane murmur something that sounded like he’d like to be her hands made her smile.
Once inside, the two beasts as Thane called them, came running to greet her. Garrick tried to push her behind him, but Kira had missed Taji and Hoshi her two Akitas, and slid under his arm. They were a beautiful breed of canines that were very protective, and usually didn’t get along well with others. She hugged the two dogs, letting them lick her face in greeting before standing back up.
With her back to the two Ravens who refused to leave her alone, Kira expelled a tired breath. She wasn’t ready to spill her guts, or her life story to them. Why did her father insist on hiring men who weren’t like the rest of his hired goons? Ones she could easily dismiss.
“We can stand here all day and night, or you can just spit it out, kitten. I think you know we have more than enough stamina to outlast you,” Thane said.
1. Author Name: Elle Boon
2. Where do you live? (part of the country or state or world) I live in Missouri, almost smack dab in the middle of Merica (lol)
3. When did you first publish? My one year contract signing date is actually January 28th 2015. Soo excited. My first book came out on April 3, 2014 with Siren.
4. How many books have you published? As of today I have 4 books out and my 5th is coming out on January 29th, 2015 which is Kira’s Warriors book 4 in the Ravens of War.
5. Which of your characters do you see yourself in the most? I sort of put a little of myself in all of my female characters. In each story I find myself weaving a little bit of real life into their stories. For instance in Selena’s Men I have Selena getting on top the bar and dancing. I actually have done this a time or two. In Two For Tamara there is a scene where one of the ladies says “I don’t do girls” this was an actual conversation me and one of my bffs had after one too many drinks, and we were laughing and drinking. Long story short the guys were chanting “kiss kiss kiss” and she turns and says “I don’t do grills” yess I spelled that right lol.
6. What has been the most time consuming or mentally challenging research you have done for a book? I think for Kira’s book because it’s set a lot in Japan and spans back 20 plus years. There is a lot of folklore and things that has changed during the timeframe and I wanted to get it right. I loved it!
7. What does an average day for you consist of? What is your writing schedule like? I get up, get my Goob, aka my 14 yr old off to school and then get online. After that I go over what I’ve written and try to write. Try being the key sometimes. I turn my playlist on, which is rock. My choice of music freaks people out, because they look at me and see my choice of music lol. I love love love rock.
8. Please tell us about your newest release. Kira’s Warriors is book 4 in the Ravens of War. She’s is like all my other heroines, a fierce woman who is worthy of two men lol. Garrick and Thane are both demi-gods created by Zeus who were sent as protectors only to find she wasn’t quite 100% human. It’s action packed and full of lots of the other Ravens as well as a steamy read
9. Do you have a current work in progress? Can you tell us about it? I just finished His Perfect Wolf, book 2 in The Mystic Wolves series. I still have to edit and submit to my publisher, but I really love it. It’s the follow up to Accidentally Wolf and Niall’s story. I’m also working on a self-pub that I plan to release on March 16th called SmokeJumper. SmokeJumper is about a Native American who is a smokejumper which is a specialized firefighter who is called back to his hometown by his grandfather. Of course he’s much more than just an ordinary man, he’s also an elemental. I love my paranormal romance and of course all my stories are steamy reads <3
10. What is something that your readers might not know about you? I am a clean-freak. I spend 6-8 hours once a week cleaning my house one room at a time. Everything has a place in my house and I am very organized. My closets are all color coordinated with each person having a specific hanger color lol. Yes, I said I am a freak lol
I am a total open book and love to talk to people. If you have a question I try to answer as honestly as possible (of course some things are too personal), but I will do my best. Ask away people <3
A few songs that inspired me during the writing process for Kira’s Warriors:
Theory of a Deadman – Savages
Crossfade – Cold
The Pretty Reckless – Heaven Knows
Sixx A.M. – Stars
Other books by Elle
Categories: Blog Host